Black Rock Desert 2019 Departures:
7 Days Round Trip from San Francisco:
- Tue, Aug 27 - Mon, Sep 2
These fares do not include your Burning Man Festival ticket. The food fund covers all of your meals and is not optional.
- , - 4:00 PM
- San Francisco, CA - 9:00 AM
- San Francisco, CA - 10:00 AM
- El Cerrito, CA - 10:00 AM
- Reno, NV - 4:00 PM
- Reno, NV - 5:00 PM
- , - 4:00 PM (7 days before final trip day)
- Reno, NV - 12:00 PM
- El Cerrito, CA - 6:00 PM
- San Francisco, CA - 7:00 PM
Black Rock Desert Camp-out: 7 Days
For over two decades, the Green Tortoise has had the privilege of being part of the Burning Man Community in the Black Rock City Desert!
Whether you're considering joining this remarkable event for the first time or simply coming back for more; our trip to Black Rock City offers the ultimate playa experience for newcomers and festival veterans alike.
Over the years, the event has grown and changed, and so have we. In fact, this is the one event that we do not advertise because we would like to retain our community atmosphere. We are thrilled that most of our campers have found us by talking to our current or past riders!
Going To Burning Man With Us Includes:
Transportation to and from the event, delicious gourmet meals, unlimited drinking water to keep hydrated and an awesome camping spot in the best themed camp around: Tortoise Town!
*Bike transportation can also be added — call or email for details.
Each year, Tortoise Town is comprised of folks from many different countries and cultures. With that being said, this trip is a great option for those traveling to the event from overseas, in small groups, or even traveling alone. Here in Tortoise Town, everyone is included!
This is not a spectator event! Enrich your experience by actively participating and immersing yourself in this radical culture. As a member of our camp, you'll be a part of meal preparation, camp/tent set up and breakdown, recycle/trash sorting, and will have lots of other opportunities to volunteer and have fun!
We pride ourselves on giving back to the community on the playa and so should you!
- For a creative exchange with other Tortoise Town campers, join our Tortoise Town team of volunteers on Facebook (contact us for the link) and collaborate before the event.
- For current project and volunteer opportunities, check the official event website.
- To join in on making and delivering a large scale art pice, contact us directly and we'll send you more information.
- We will be sending out a sign-up sheet for our hugely successful Tortoise Town Stage, Hot Dog 'n Lemonade Stand, and Kissing Booth to all our registered riders (look out for this email around June).
- Participation during this event is, of course, required and the possibilities are endless. Send us your reply and let us know how you plan to be a part of the community efforts - we are excited to hear from you!
- Looking for more? Get some tips on how to participate!
Tickets to the event:
Call or email us regarding event ticket availability.
Ready to book?
For a variety of reasons, we limit the number of folks we take; we ALWAYS sell out so book your spot now. Contact our travel office or fill out our booking request form below.
Festival ticket sales here:
"Community is much more than belonging to something; it’s about doing something together that makes belonging matter.” - Brian Solis
Have you been on this trip? Please tell us what you thought.